Host and Marketer
(we found someone for 2019)
Want to move to paradise? Want to join our digital nomad community and meet people from all over the world? Do you consider yourself a people person and a hard worker? Are you ready for a new adventure and are you ready to commit for at least a year? Do you already work part-time and can you work remotely? Than we might have a dream job for you!
*This job is part-time and would be most suitable for someone who has a remote part-time job on the side.
* This is an in-house position where the host would be living at Nine.
Nine Coliving and Coworking is a coliving space based in the historical centre of La Orotava, in Tenerife. Digital Nomads from all over the world come here to stay, work, meet each other and explore the island.
The space opened only 6 months ago, but because of its success, we are now looking for an extra pair of hands. The job will be part-time (25 h.pw.) and will be divided into 2 parts, host and digital marketer.
About the position
Host at Nine
As a host you will be responsible for the daily running of Nine. This means something different every day, so you will have to be flexible and enjoy work that changes by the minute. You will be available to the guests to provide information and answer questions, check guests in and out and help with organising community activities and events. Part of being a host also means being able to solve issues as they arise during the day, helping around the house, working with a team of volunteers and sometimes cleaning and getting your hands dirty. This position comes with a lot of responsibility, but also with a lot of freedom. There are no fixed hours, no fixed lunch breaks and definitely no fixed 9 to 5 schedule.
Since a lot of the work of the Host position is simply BEING THERE for guests, there will be time for other work. The amount of time will vary week on week, but in general we expect the Host position to take around 15 hours of actual work. The remaining 10 hours will be used for Nine’s marketing. In general this involves managing our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest) and helping to write and edit content on our blog. Experience as a digital marketer is preferred, but not necessary. As long as you know how to use these tools and enjoy making them look good, you will be fine.
What we are expecting from you
- Excited about joining our coliving community
- Excited about working with people
- Excited about living in Tenerife
- Happy to commit for 1 year
- Fluent in English
- Basic Spanish (preferred)
- Responsible and hard-working
- Excited about working flexible hours (not a 9-5)
- European passport (or citizenship in Europe)
- European or international drivers licence
What you can expect from us
- An inspiring work environment in a growing company
- A 1 year contract with a 2-month probation period
- A private room, breakfast everyday, full use of the workspace and access to all activities like morning yoga and our Sunday BBQ
- Use of a shared company car
- Extra compensation of €300 a month
Interested in joining our team?
Send a letter of motivation, your CV and a link to one of your social media accounts to email@example.com
Start your email by answering the following question:
What makes you feel most alive in this world?